Monday, June 15, 2009

Umm...so ya...

So it had been pretty slow around here, but things have picked up quite a bit lately. It's been almost a month now, but my brother graduated from High School. He will be coming up to school here starting in the Fall and staying at our complex so it will be pretty fun to have him right across the street from us.


(Alex, me, Jordan, Britt my sis, and Devan her husband)

Alex and I have gone camping a couple times. This is the first time we went camping and right after we went four wheeling so we are pretty dirty.


The second time we went we went with my family and it rained the WHOLE time we were there! We went up on a Friday and it rained hard core that night. Then on Saturday we were in my parent's trailer the whole time because it rained seriously all day. So we decided to go leave and go down to my parent's house and "camp out"

Our garden is growing really well! We have corn, beans, peas, radishes, and squash so far. We hoping to get enough to can some, but if not my mom will be able to help us out. Alex and I went to my brother's and my dad's rodeo this past Friday. My brother did calf roping and then my brother and dad did team roping together. It's pretty cool seeing my dad out there doing rodeo because he is usually out there helping instead so it is really neat seeing him actually doing it. Next year while my brother is on his mission I will hopefully be roping with my dad next year so I am really excited. Then this week My brother has State High School Rodeo, so Alex and I will be going and watching him.

Alex is still working hard at school and doing really good. I am very proud of him! My job at the school let out for summer at the beginning of the month, so I had to find a new job. I had a job lined out, but that fell through so I was on to looking for another job. Amazingly it only took 1 day after school let out to find one. I am being a nanny for 6 kids and I love it! The mom is there sometimes, or sometimes I am there alone with all the kids or some of the kids. It changes everyday. It has been a really opportunity. Then when the school year starts back up I will probably be working with a couple children in the kindergarten. So that is a little bit of what has been happening with us.

2 comments:

Chad and Elizabeth said...

Yay! A new post! Its always fun to see how you guys are doing! Miss you :)

Alesha said...

Hey! I'm so glad your garden is doing well, and that you found a job so quickly. The rodeo is down in Pocatello, so you guys should totally stop by to hang out with us one night, right? That's what I thought. Thanks for the update!